As all memebers are aware, redeveloping the RRC clubhouse has been something the club has been working toward for a number of years – and one that we now getting closer to achieving. Goals for the redevelopment project are listed below and describe the outcomes the committee believes will be achieved through this project.
1. To extend the boathouse to provide opportunities for growth.
2. To modernise the boathouse and create a building we are proud of.
3. To make the boathouse work better for members and improve facilities for members:
- More changeroom space
- Dedicated gym area
- Improved hall suitable for club functions
- Improved access to facilities during functions.
4. To be able to generate income from the boathouse from hall hires and bay rental to enable RRC to be a sustainable community club by:
- investing in our fleet
- investing in the boathouse over the lease period
- subsidising operational costs to keep membership costs down.
5. To create a boathouse that will not require major structural work for 40-50 years and that has affordable and manageable ongoing maintenance requirements.
6. To have only one funding partner (MLC).