All Richmond rowers are invited to take part in our annual time trails, in either a Quad or Single. These time trials are open to male & female crews, and must following the following rules:
Must be conducted in TUB boats.
- The start is from the light pole outside the front of the club, and may be a running start.
- The Single is under Swan Street Bridge and back. Consult your coach about the safe turning zone.
- The Quad is around Herring Island, and must be coxed by an accredited coxswain.
- Finish line is the start line.
- All crews must be accompanied by someone from the bank to oversee safety.
- This person does not need to be a coach, but should be an experienced rower who can alert crews on any potential problems.
- Times are to be submitted to Head of Rowing (Tim Evans, [email protected]).
- Last day for times to be submitted is the Sunday before presentation night, Sunday 22nd May 2016.
- You may make multiple attempts at the time trail, with multiple crews.
Four prizes are awarded at our Presentation night, being for the fastest male & female single scull, and for the fastest male & female quad scull.
For assistance with boats, please refer to the Captain of Boats. Other queries can be directed to your coach or the Head of Rowing