Access continues to be restricted – members enter through the RRC bay and up the back stairs and may only access the changerooms. Thanks to everyone for observing the safety requirements of having building works ongoing while we use the building. It remains very important that no-one enters the building site section of the building.
The building is starting to look more like the finished article but there is still lots of work going on inside to get it finished off. The builders are still about 5 days behind schedule meaning that completion will be end of August. However, there are some external works that will be completed after this date as we have to replace the fire service main. This requires road excavation and is expected to be done in late September.
We expect to have power back after 14 August. Please note there will be no power at the boathouse on 13 August while the new power connection is made.
The spaces look fantastic and we have started to get inquiries from caterers and hirers to use the venue. We are sorting through liquor licensing and insurance issues before we book in any hires.
In the next fortnight works include:
- Fitting the plywood ceiling in the gym/teaching space
- General plumbing works
- Screed for the terrace prior to fitting the grass finish
- Installation of final windows and glazing
- Floor vinyl in the new changerooms
- Install the kitchenette in the gym area and all joinery for storage cupboards
- Painting in the new area
- Installation of light fittings in the new area
- Commissioning of electrical systems