A great night was had by all at the Richmond Rowing Club 2018/19 Presentation Night. Thank you to all of the RRC members and guests who came along to celebrate another successful season. As always it was great to see so many new and old faces present on the night.
We congratulated our Male and Female Club and Masters rowers of the year. These prestigious awards are determined through participation and success at regattas, club races and club time trials. The winners on the evening were:
- Mal Scott Award – Male Club Rower of the Year – John Carey
- John Sawyer – Female Club Rower of the Year – Geraldine Goss
- Male Masters Rower of the Year – Leigh Sullivan and Philip Munson
- Female Masters Rower of the Year – Diana Vernon and Anthea Amos
The Don Edwards, Cox of the year award was presented to Charlotte North-Coombes.
The President’s Award was presented to Steven Sheppard, reflecting on his dedication to Richmond Rowing Club and the sport of rowing in Victoria as a level 2 BRO. Stephen is regularly representing our club at Regattas to ensure their smooth and safe running.
The Hendley Family Mixed Quad Time Trial was presented by Rod Hendley to Kate Dyball, John Carey, Dennis Beck, Geraldine Goss and Charlotte North-Coombes (coxswain).
The male coxed four Round the Island time trial was won by Alan Randall, Jon Roberts, John Carey, Dennis Beck and Charlotte North-Coombes (coxswain).
The female coxed four Round the Island time trial was won by Michelle Joy, Kate Dyball, Karen Doggett, Geraldine Goss and Derek Begg (coxswain).
The Jim Barton Males Tub Single time trial was won by John Carey and the Jim Barton Female Tub Single time trial was won by Geraldine Goss.
A number of other awards were presented on the night including:
- Best and Furriest – Rosie Dickson-Hoyle
- Eye of the Tiger Award – Steven Sheppard and Ben Bowen
- Captains Award – Steven Sheppard
Thank you to all those who contributed to such a good night including Tim Evans our MC for the evening and Kim Begelhole for sharing pictures and videos from the season.
We celebrated our Victorian State Championship winners in 2019, pictures of these crews were unveiled which will be displayed in the club. The crews were:
- Female D Grade coxed 4: Dana Hill, Sarah Houghton, Geraldine Goss, Zoe Maxwell and Charlotte North-Coombes (coxswain)
- Male D Grade pair: John Carey and Andrew Yuile
- Female A Grade double: Kate Dyball and Michelle Joy
We also celebrated Ray Dennis who represented Richmond at the recent National Masters Championships. Amongst many medals Ray brought home 3 Gold medals in composite crews, Male Masters J Double, Male J-M Pair and the Male J-M Coxed 4.
The slides presented on the evening can be found at RRC Presentation Night 2019.pdf