The captain has decided to throw down the gauntlet.
Rules of the Challenge:
Round the Island Old School
- Can be rowed in any class of sweep boat. Pairs/ Fours/Eights
- Can only use Carbon Fibre Macon’s (there are at least 10 1 set of eight and a pair)
- Can only be attempted by the crew once every 30 days
- Must be officially timed, witnessed and recorded
- Course as per Round Island from light pole in front of RRC & back.
- Slab Beer (or wine) for first crew stupid enough to try it
- Slab beer for fastest crew by presentation night
- Fastest time will win a new Perpetual Trophy “The Captain’s Challenge”
(potential for 2 slabs of beer for 1 crew or re-rig the Hendley/Crunden 1 slab each)